If you are a Psychology Student And Looking For topics types of learning disabilities, learning disability definition psychology children with a learning disability,
list of learning disabilities, examples of learning disabilities, child learning disorders, learning disabilities in childhood and types of specific learning disabilities. So you Can Easily Find any Topic Regarding types learning disabilities or What are the top 5 learning disabilities is Available in This Article.
What are the Top 5 Learning Disabilities 2022
HOW TO WORK WITH LEARNING DISABLED CHILDREN: Normally, parents do not count certain initial symptoms of any disorder or disability which later on leads the child to suffer in hectic situations. Sometimes, it’s easy to identify certain disabilities in classroom monitoring.
There are certain disabilities in children but I am going to discuss a special course of interest .i.e. learning disabilities. Children with a learning disability have difficulty in learning that involves understanding, speech, written language, and the difficulty in listening, reading, thinking, writing, and spelling.
ALSO READ: SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
WHAT ARE DIFFERENT TYPES OF LEARNING DISABILITIES (CONTINUE READING)
If we move towards the identifications of such specific learning difficulties, learning disorders in children which normally leads to child poor performance and learning disabilities what are the different types are Following:
Top 5 learning disabilities in details 2022:
SPECIFIC LEARNING DISABILITIES :
what are the Most 10 Common learning disabilities
DYSLEXIA (learning dyslexia disorder):
is an impairment in reading and spelling. About 80% of learning disabled child suffers from dyslexia. such children have difficulty in PHONOLOGICAL SKILLS, COMPREHENSION.
DYSGRAPHIA (learning dysgraphia disorder):
Which involves difficulty in handwriting. Such a child may write very slowly, and product will be illegible with numerous spelling errors, due to the inability to match up sounds and letters. It appears more in boys than girls.
DYSCALCULIA (learning dyscalculia disorder):
is actually DEVELOPMENTAL ARITHMETIC DISORDER, that involves difficulty in mathematical computation. Such a child often has cognitive and neuropsychological deficits, like poor performance in working memory, visual perception, and visual-spatial abilities. They would have both, reading and math disabilities.
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder):
this kind of learning disability has a term called umbrella that is used for ADHD and also for ADD outside the Hyperactivity, These children have a hard time keeping their attention focused on the task at hand.
Also writing disorders in which Children’s Written work may be Confused, Children’s behavioral aspects such as interruption or impulsivity in the classroom and for cases of ADHD, the need to move around and expend extra energy between lessons.
ALSO READ: FACTORS THAT INFLUENCE CHILD DEVELOPMENT
PROCESSING SPEED (learning processing disorder):
Children’s with slow Processing Speed May have a very hard time picking any Information and They also Need More time to Understand any Information. It can help to repeat information and present it in alternative ways. If the Information is in Easy Words, So Children With Slow Processing Speed Can Understand Easily without any Hurdles and people Call Them slow learner disability.
APD (Auditory Processing Disorder):
In this children’s Disorder that how sound that travels Empty through the ear is processed or Explained by the brain. It can not Notice Slight differences between sounds in words, Even if the sounds are loud and clear enough to be heard.
They can also find it difficult to tell where sounds are coming from, to make sense of the order of sounds, or to block out competing for background noises.
NVLD (Non-Verbal Learning Disabilities):
In this Non-Verbal Learning, the disorder is Usually Described by an important Difference Between Higher Verbal Skills and Also a Weaker Motor With Social Skills. Poor coordination Will Occur due to facial expressions or body language in NLD.
MEMORY (learning Memory Disabilities ):
For Every Children They must have Three types of memory Which are important For Learning Perspective. These are Working memory, short-term memory, and long-term memory Which are used to help in the processing of both verbal and non-verbal information.
If there are ShortFall in any or all of these types of memory, Then the ability to store and Reback information Will be Very Hard For The Children and it will cause problems in learning.
LPD (language Processing Disorder):
It is a unique type of Auditory Processing Disorders (APD) in which They Form attaching meaning to sound groups that Found words, sentences, and stories Etc. While IN APD that how sound that travels Empty through the ear is processed or Explained by the brain.
It can not Notice Slight differences between sounds in words, Even if the sounds are loud and clear enough to be heard. LPD can affect expressive language and/or receptive language.
Now, a person will think about basic causes learning process disorder, learning disabilities definition that would lead a child as disable learner. The precise causes of learning disabilities have not been determined yet, but still we know some root basis:
CAUSES OF LEARNING DISABILITY
There is an African proverb which states that :
sometimes your own mistakes, your own self led your child miss, sometimes it appears, sometimes it grows in root depths.
- Learning disabilities run in families, with one affected parent.
- Some are likely to be caused by problems with prenatal development or delivery.
- Learning disabilities are more prevalent in infants with low birth weight.
- During MRI SCANS, we come to know that learning disabilities are more likely due to problems in integrating information from multiple brain regions.
The causes of any problem do not matter a lot, but the thing that matters the most is, how to intervene and what strategies should be taken to overcome.
Although we can not make that child good we can effort to improve their selves. There are certain strategies that can be used for working with such children.
DIAGNOSIS OF A LEARNING DISABILITY
Strategies for working with learning disabled children:
- Take their needs in the count and clearly mention your goals about them.
- Provide them certain accommodations for their daily goals.
- Provide a distraction-free environment for their study timings. This is really important as they already don’t have normal capabilities for doing so.
- Try to modify their tasks in a class setting, only for the purpose to encourage their confidence and success.
- Such children normally lack organizational skills. Parents and teachers must try to encourage them for the “ short-term”.
- Their project work should be broken down in simple elements for their better understanding.
- Normally, such children more probably have read and writing disabilities, So for disabled readers, we should be patient and give them more chances for reading in-class settings. While children with a writing disability must be given time and opportunity of WORD PROCESSING PROGRAM which definitely helps them to complete the task.
- Try to challenge them time-to-time to make them responsible and independent.
- Try to encourage them for full potential in certain aspects. This will definitely lead them toward independence.
- Work closely with SPECIAL EDUCATORS, for designing appropriate strategies to balance tasks between the child with learning disability and Others learning disabilities in childhood.
My basic aim to share all this was only to create awareness and to clear that we can cope with such children with continuous patience and motivation to create them the best because they can become the best.
(WRITTEN BY PSYCHOLOGIST QURAT-UL-AIN )